Inspector B Job Highlights
|Burbank, CA, United States
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. The company designs and manufactures high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment manufacturers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, land vehicle, and power and energy markets.
Senior Aerospace SSP is the leader in innovative design and manufacturing methods in the area of complex aerospace systems.
The company is looking for an Inspector B who will inspect machines or assembled parts using check jigs and fixtures or set-up to ensure conformance with applicable standards, specifications, blueprints, and written and oral instructions.
- High School Degree or GED
- 1 year and 6 months of related experience or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification: Visual Welding
- Ability to perform checks- in jigs and fixtures.
- Check assemblies for compliance with a blueprint.
- Check for missed operations using work orders.
- Follow all Senior policies and procedures.
- Inspect detail parts and those involving straight or regular flanges and angles.
- Inspect welded assemblies consisting of welded tubes, half stampings, machine flanges, and fittings.
- Perform receiving inspection when required.
- Performs re-inspection stamp to parts and assemblies indicating approval or rejection and prepares paperwork as required.
- Visually inspects such operations as fusion and seam welding, riveting, and drilling, and checks for cracks, rough edges, scratches, tool marks, elongated holes, identification, and other indications of poor or unacceptable workmanship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must know welding practice and procedures as applied to welding inspection including associated processing and fabrication operations; must be able to use blueprints to obtain primary dimensions and finish information.
- Must be certified for visual welding.
- Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys in the form of sheet tubular stock, machined and formed parts.
- Welded parts and assemblies.
- Welding inspection checking fixtures, micrometers, scales, surface plates and tables, and inspection stamps.
- At all times must have a complete set of company tools adequate to perform the work covered by the job classification.
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
- Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
- The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, a matching 401k plan, and paid time off.
Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants are considered regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seniorplc.com.