Inspector (Tooling/Machined Parts B) Job Highlights
|Title||Inspector – Tooling/Machined Parts B|
|Location||Everett, WA, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services.
The company is seeking an Inspector (Tooling/Machined Parts B) to join its team.
- Applicants should have a High School Graduate or GED (preferred)
- Possess 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design)
- Ability to complete Fall Protection Training
- Experience as a Quality Inspector
- 1+ years of experience calibrating or using coordinate measurement machines, laser trackers, or optical measurement devices
- 1+ years of experience in setting and using precision measuring tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, or dial indicators
- Experience inspecting welds/welds certification
- Communicate with shop personnel and fellow tooling inspectors on assigned shifts and at shift change.
- Contact the team leader/supervisor when assistance is needed.
- Ensure all parts/assemblies have been assembled per the tool drawing, specification, and fabrication orders.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings, Engineering Changes, specifications, and other documents are being used by the shop and inspection.
- Ensure that the tools used by the shop to fabricate parts have been approved by tooling inspection.
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous materials in an approved manner.
- Identify, investigate, and document nonconformance of materials, hardware, tools, tool assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures utilizing appropriate computing applications.
- Indicate Tooling Quality Acceptance on the appropriate paperwork or online systems and process the paperwork/systems as required per appropriate procedures and policies.
- Interface with other organizations to provide clarification or information.
- Investigate and clear nonconformance reports associated with a tool manufacturing process as required per process.
- Obtain the applicable tool drawings, engineering drawings, Model Based Definition information, and specifications to perform the task.
- Occasional performance of tasks (1-3 hrs/day) related to flexion/extension, handling, lifting less than 25 lbs., and sitting, walking, and standing required.
- Perform audit/surveillance of tool fabrication processes, according to documented specifications, processes, and procedures.
- Perform inspection or process monitoring of tool fabrication processes.
- Perform inspection to tool fabrication order, check online systems for the status of the next job to be worked or in-process inspection.
- Perform various tests or measurements, and verify the shop has performed tests and built tools per the applicable drawing, specifications, and procedures.
- Screen paperwork/online system fabrication order and review the completed job and inspect workmanship.
- Select and/or set up the appropriate measuring instruments.
- This position requires the use (8rs/day) of feet/eye/ear protection required.
- Validate the assembly of tool components meets alignment, fit, hookup, adjustment, identification, and location of associated component parts, equipment, and assemblies conform to tooling/engineering drawings, specifications, diagrams, documents, and quality standards.
- Verify all paperwork/online instruction (e.g., manufacturing order, applicable drawings, specifications, nonconformance items, and any other necessary documents) is complete and accurate.
- Verify certifications of tools, and equipment.
- Verify record and re-inspect removals/reinstallations /rework of tooling components, as required.
- Verify tool number, serial number drawing revision information matches paperwork/online system.
- 1+ years of experience working with MS Office Suite
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8 hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per day; squat and kneel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Financial Security
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.