Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Installation Superintendent Job Highlights
|Location||Joplin, MO, United States|
|Company||AGI-Ag Growth International|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The company is looking for an Installation Superintendent who will oversee all aspects and functions of assigned equipment installation activities of the project, ranging from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems and trade services.
The position will lead and manage skilled labor and work crews under the overall direction of the Installation Services Manager and an individual Project Manager.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Possess experience working in heavy industrial and construction environments
- Experience with forklifts, aerial lifts, and other heavy equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication experience
- Equipment Rigging experience
- Verifiable experience supervising members of a project team as well as managing on-site project activities, scheduling, and reporting
- Optimize resources (manpower, equipment, materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the work.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills, following policies, procedures, and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
- Address and troubleshoot issues that arise during the installation process.
- Attend job site meetings to report on-time job/project completion or delays.
- Communicate at a minimum daily with AGI or the client’s Project Manager through the completion of the job.
- Communicate job information to proper personnel to allow for effective planning and execution of the project requirements.
- Communicate job status and changes with AGI management and subcontractors in a clear and professional manner.
- Communicate the scope of work to installers
- Conduct daily job hazard analysis for each job with the project and ensure all customer-required permits are complete prior to starting any work
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings with the workforce including all subcontractors.
- Create a positive work environment necessary to build a cohesive team.
- Develop a high-performing team. Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, training, and information to achieve peak performance, continuous improvement, and a positive, productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments with the bound of all applicable policies
- Facilitate employee safety and ensures procedures are properly being followed striving with a goal of no accidents per calendar year.
- Follow defined installation procedures for vendor equipment according to company instructions/policy, applicable building codes, and manufacturer installation instructions.
- Follow up with installers to ensure plans are properly followed and the best crews are assigned to each job.
- Invest time with AGI management and schedule manager on a weekly basis to identify current and future workload, manpower needs/issues, and current job status.
- Lead and control skilled labor and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the equipment installation activities (rigging, piping, welding, demo/install, etc.) of the project.
- Maintain and update the AGI installation standards manual.
- Maintain reviews and stay abreast of the latest industry equipment, knowledge, and requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the overall activities of the equipment installation teams (AGI companies and other 3rd party trades)
- Receive and review project specifications; plans projects with AGI management and installation company’s Lead Field Installer.
- Receive job change orders and informs appropriate parties of changes.
- Schedule and coordinate the project to control job costs thereby ensuring profitability, timely completion, and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Supervise work performed on systems ranging in difficulty from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems
- Ensures all paperwork is properly completed, including site work permits, Daily reports, RFIs, and timecards.
- Other tasks will be given as required
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Commitment to safety and the environment
- Ensure all paperwork, receipts and timesheets are complete, accurate, and submitted on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe worksite
- Maintain and follow DOT regulations applicable to Mitchell Mill Systems
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and lifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery
- OSHA 30, Welding Certifications, Aerial Lift License, Forklift License, First Aid/AED licenses preferred
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Sheet metal fabrication experience
- Skills to supervise project team as well as managing all on-onsite project activities, scheduling, and reporting
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully interact with employees and clients professionally
- Willing to travel sometimes for extended periods
- Work at heights
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.