Website Guilford Technical Community College
Instructor, Welding Technology Job Highlights
|Title||Instructor, Welding Technology|
|Location||Jamestown, NC, United States|
|Company||Guilford Technical Community College|
Guilford Technical Community College provides access to lifelong learning opportunities for personal growth, workforce productivity, and community service. GTCC serves all the diverse segments and delivers quality educational programs and services, through partnerships with businesses, community groups, and other educational institutions.
GTCC is seeking a well-educated Instructor for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field.
He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
- The applicants should have a Diploma in Welding Technology from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution or the equivalent with the ability to attain an Associate’s Degree within 2 years of employment.
- Current American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector Certification or the qualifications/experience to attain it within one year of hire
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Current welding certifications in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) applied to plate and pipe
- 3 years of relevant industry experience as a welder
- applied to plate and pipe
- Experience with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Experience with oxy-fuel cutting and other thermal cutting processes
- Teaching experience or industry training experience
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
- Experience with the operation of robotic welding equipment
- More than 3 years of relevant industry experience as a welder
- Postsecondary teaching experience
- Teaching – Prepare and teach departmental courses
- Professional Development – Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional mission
- Administration – Provide daily and ongoing oversight of facilities, equipment, and student records
- Student Support – Provide an environment conducive to student success
- College Service – Support college-wide endeavors
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Instructor must be able to-
- Ability to effectively implement and apply technology solutions.
- Adapt to changing procedures, protocols, or assignments.
- Communicate effectively
- Create and maintain a learner-centered environment
- Respect Diversity
Mandatory GTCC Trainings and annual updates as required-
- Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
- eLearning Level One (before the first day of the first-semester teaching)
- eLearning Levels Two and Three for instructors who teach online or hybrid delivery methods (before the first day of the first-semester teaching)
- Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
- Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
- Reporting Requirements
- Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
- The teaching schedule may change semester to semester
- Includes creating an atmosphere safe for learning and being an ambassador for the welding program and GTCC as a whole.
- May include teaching day and evening and on multiple campuses
- Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
GTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit gtcc.peopleadmin.com.