Website Westinghouse Electric Company
Instrument Technician 2 Job Highlights
|Title||Instrument Technician 2|
|Location||Hopkins, SC, United States|
|Company||Westinghouse Electric Company|
Westinghouse Electric Company is the world’s leading supplier of safe and innovative nuclear technology. The company provides the most reliable, dependable nuclear power plants, nuclear fuel, plant automation, and operating plant products and services.
The company is recruiting an Instrument Technician II who will provide skilled Instrumentation and Process Control support in strict compliance with Westinghouse approved procedures, guiding human performance principles and I&C best practices, such that the Plant Instrument Team successfully satisfies all reasonable internal and external customer and regulator expectations to satisfy the corporate Vision statement.
- Applicants should have an A.A.S. Degree in Electronics or Instrumentation Technology (college/university), or other documented training (acceptable as equivalent)
- ANSI/ISA 98.00.01 Control System Technician II or higher (a plus, but not required)
- Possess a minimum 2 years of external I&C industrial experience or fully qualified to IT2 level per the Instrument Technician 1 requirements for advancement to IT2
- Complete assignments as received from I&C Team Manager.
- Training of IT1 employees is an important function of IT2. Prepare, provide, and document training provided to I&C team members, including validating adequate knowledge level before signing off IT1 checkouts on their IT2 Qualification Practical Competencies form
- Responsible for calibrating, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic, electrical, audio-visual, computer, and some mechanical equipment in accordance with breakdown recovery needs and cycle schedules while utilizing Human Performance Tools, Nuclear Safety Culture traits, and I&C best practices in support of Maintenance, Work Management, Production, and Engineering goals while maintaining a continuous focus on safety, quality and delivery goals.
- Maintain up-to-date written and computerized records each shift as required procedurally and as required as a matter of policy. This includes records, written and computerized, documenting (calibrations, PMs, repairs, replacements, personal exposure)
- Accomplishment and maintenance up to date on all required training as assigned in ETAPS and ATLAS.
- Housekeeping is everyone’s responsibility. All technicians help to maintain all shared and assigned work areas, whether in the shops or in the field. This includes assisting with keeping all working surfaces, carts, tools, and other resources in a constant state of immediate readiness for the next using technician – charged, clean, safe, and orderly.
- Professionalism is required at all times.
- Support engineering efforts as assigned.
- Able to Maintain, Calibrate, Troubleshoot, Repair, and verify Safety Significant Controls for-
-All I&C system components
-Automated weighing systems
-Computers and associated devices
-Criticality Alarm System
-High Vacuum systems and associated furnaces
-Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Basic Process Control Systems (BPCS)
- Mandatory before qualification as IT3-
-All IT2 Qualification Practical Competency requirements
-Audio and Visual components and systems
-Proficiently use the Enovia System and Janus
-Able to support the entire plant
-Able to troubleshoot
-Proficient knowledge of crit monitoring system
-Proficient knowledge of PLC
-Proficient knowledge of Experion
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness, and Income Protection Benefits
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
Westinghouse Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.westinghousenuclear.com.