Website IMI Industrial Services Group
Ironworker/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Toccoa, GA, United States|
|Company||IMI Industrial Services Group|
IMI Industrial Services Group provides turnkey facility maintenance services using our millwrights, electricians, piping, and construction crews. The company’s field services include process piping, sanitary piping, equipment installation, and equipment rebuilds.
- The company is seeking an individual who may specialize in working on certain pieces of equipment and have a narrower base of knowledge.
- They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and will perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities.
- These employees report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
- The applicants should have either just advanced from the Ironworker Helper level or have developed skills through technical training
- Employees can also advance to this position if they have obtained their NCCER certification, or if they have completed a related program through an accredited technical school.
- The candidates should have 0-3 years of previous experience in the ironworker field or in a related area.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear. Utilize logical step-by-step procedures for work, planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
- Aligns machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, gearboxes, and pumps.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools. Must have knowledge of load-bearing capabilities of foundations.
- Dismantle machines using hand tools.
- Identify hand tools, fasteners, and other equipment used in the trade and distinguish their applications.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment according to construction plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishments, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics), and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps, and compressors.
- Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade staff.
- Perform routine tasks, such as lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul, and preventative maintenance.
- Individuals should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the ironworker field.
- Ability to climb a ladder and step into various pieces of equipment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly for working shifts.
- Good physical fitness, eye-hand coordination, and ability to quickly respond to sounds.
- Good sense of balance and ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity is needed for repetitive tasks and to operate standard operating equipment.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, twist, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, including times of inclement weather.
- Must be highly safety cautious and have the ability to see and escape from dangerous situations.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
IMI Industrial Services Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The company does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit imiindustrialservicesgroup.applytojob.com.