Joining Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
Canoo works on a mission to bring EVs to Everyone. It has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first.
The company is seeking a Joining Engineer who will own the product development from early conceptual work through testing of Body Structures and Closures components and sub-assemblies and validation.
Collaborate with other vehicle test groups to support the vehicle program. Support all phases of the product development and validation. The engineer will focus on adhesive joining technologies but will provide backup support in other materials and joining areas.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Materials Engineering or Equivalent from a university or college.
- The candidates should have 5 to 10 years of joining product development experience.
- Define and write material and joining specifications
- Lead and plan the Body Structures and Closure test activities for hardware, components, and sub-assemblies for all phases of the program (test activities are but not limited to corrosion, fatigue, strength, and crash)
- Manage the above deliverables for all program milestones including cost and timing
- Participate and support design reviews and build reviews
- Support design for quality activities
- Support joining technologies and materials characterization through testing
- Support supplier and material selection process with an interface to purchasing and supplier engagement
- Work closely with production to ensure proper sealing, minimizing leaks, and root cause failure modes for ongoing quality improvements
- Experience in adhesives, fasteners, and/or welding
- Good knowledge of BiW architecture and construction
- History of successfully developing materials for automotive OEMs from investigation through development and validation.
- Strong joint and coupon testing experience
- Understanding of vehicle requirements
- A casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
Canoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers-canoo.icims.com.