Website Strike Group
Journeyman Pipefitter (Shutdown) Job Highlights
|Title||Journeyman Pipefitter – Shutdown|
|Location||Medicine Hat, AB, Canada|
Strike Group is a leading energy service and construction company supporting the oil and gas industry throughout the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
The company requires a Journeyman Pipefitter for shutdown turnaround in a live gas plant with maintenance experience.
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- CSTS, and Standard First Aid
- Fall Protection certification
- Ground Disturbance Certification
- OSSA Ticket (preferred) but not required
- Possess a minimum 2 years of formal training and experience in oil and gas industrial projects
- Hydrotest, assemble, and install pipe spools in the fabrication facility and in modules
- Install piping spools, equipment, and valves in modules
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe from acorn drawings
- Mentor and provide guidance to apprentices
- Read, interpret, and red-line construction drawings and blueprints (Isometrics, P&IDs, acorn drawings, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Capable of working with small tools
- Fall protection, gas monitor training, confined space, and AWP trading tickets are considered an asset
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- The company offers comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.