Journeyman Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada|
Bothar is an industry leader in trenchless underground construction. It specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection.
The company is seeking a Journeyman Welder who will be responsible for welding equipment used in Direct Pipe and Micro-tunnelling.
This position is a part of the operations team who are responsible for the safe, technical, and economical execution of the company’s projects in the field. Experience with Micro Tunneling, Horizontal Direction Drilling (HDD), Auger Boring, or Direct Pipe trenchless installations is an asset.
- Applicants should have a CWB certification (an asset)
- Journeyman Certificate with a minimum 4 years of experience in welding
- Relevant work experience with Microtunnel Boring Machines and trenchless technology (an asset)
- Assist with welding foundation frame and ancillary equipment in the field
- Ensure applicable HSE standards set by the client and the company are followed and executed
- Fabrication, gouging, grinding, and use of cutting torch
- Participate in tailgate meetings and safety inspections
- Welding to repair equipment and parts used in direct pipe installations
- Ability to check for defects and shape component parts, using a cutting torch
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints
- Experience with hard facing is an asset
- Pressure pipe welding experience is preferable
- Previous experience with fabrication required
- Read and understand schematics, plans, and instructions to determine weld procedures
- Understand various welding practices and methods, and determine the most suitable method for the task at hand (including gouging, grinding, and cutting)
- Use of logic and various methods to solve difficult problems with effective and creative solutions
Safety tickets are required-
- Drug and Alcohol clearance
- WHIMIS, First Aid, CSTS or PCST, Confined Space Entry and Rescue, Fall Arrest/Fall Protection
- The ability to work in confined spaces is a requirement for this position
- Good hearing – able to hear equipment alarms, voices, radio transmissions, and other noises consistent with construction sites
- Occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally requirement to climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop or kneel or walk on uneven ground.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use of hands to handle/feel objects, tools, and controls.
- While performing the duties of this job, requirements include prolonged standing, walking, or sitting.
- Working in all weather conditions, inside and outside
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Industry experience with a high-performing team
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development and specialized training available, including apprenticeships
Bothar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feel valued and respected.
To apply for this job please visit bothar-inc.breezy.hr.