Website Turner Industries
Journeymen Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Longview, TX, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is hiring a Journeymen Pipefitter who will lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and maintain piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess a minimum of 4 years of experience in a specified skill
- Must be able to pass craft test
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass, and plastic;
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe
- Inspects work sites to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping
- Installs sequence plans to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers;
- Joins pipe by means of threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints;
- Secures pipe to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers;
- Selects the size and type of pipe and related material according to job specifications
- Test the piping system for leaks.
- Written pre-employment qualification test
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation
- Hazard Communication orientation/test
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.)
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individuals or others in the workplace.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level.
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffold structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials.
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment.
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, or overhead.
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling, seeing with or without correction, hearing with or without correction
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.