Journeyperson Ironworker Job Highlights
|Location||Lafayette, LA, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is searching for a Journeyperson Ironworker to join its team.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess 1 to 2 years of Journeyman experience
- Aligns bolt holes in steel members using drift pins or spud wrenches.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies.
- Fastens steel members to the cable of the hoist, using a chain, cable, or rope.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Guides member, using the tagline in order to guide it into position.
- Load, transport, and unload material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positions, and securing materials and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Pull, push, or pry steel members into approximate positions while a member is supported by a hoisting device.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing structural-steel members, with rigging knowledge for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level. Bolts align the members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints ISO’s or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain, and perform crane hand signals.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but are not limited to) man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.