Website Newmont Corporation
Journeyperson Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Timmins, ON, Canada|
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc, and lead. It is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution, and technical proficiency.
The company is searching for a Journeyperson Millwright to join its team.
The position will report to the Fixed Plant Maintenance General Foreperson.
- No education level is mentioned, yet they may be required a High School Diploma
- The candidate will be a certified Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Proven experience in maintenance of surface and mill mechanical equipment
- Welding experience is required
- Adhere and comply with all company policies, procedures, standards, and legislative requirements
- Diagnose and repair Mill and surface mechanical-related equipment
- Duties include welding, rigging, and moving heavy equipment
- Must provide own tools and have adequate tools to perform tasks
- Participation in a rotational “On Call” system is mandatory
- Shift work and weekend work will be scheduled as required
- Troubleshoot, disassemble, and repair all components of various mine equipment
- Work with minimum supervision in a team environment
- Correct and report unsafe practices and conditions
- Follow all Newmont Porcupine safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and healthful workplace
- Make suggestions to improve any aspect of safety
- Responsible for his/her health and safety
- A good understanding of asset management and the benefits of our 13 elements
- A positive attitude consistent with the goals/objectives of our company
- Hoist and compressor maintenance experience is a definite asset
- Working knowledge of mill maintenance equipment.
- Work a 5x5x4 schedule
Newmont Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.