Website West Fraser
Journeyperson Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is seeking a Journeyperson Welder to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Welding ticket, Level B or A
- PWP #7 & #10 (preferred)
- Possess heavy industry experience
- Previous experience in a flexible multi-skilled work environment
- Actively participate in Slave Lake Veneer’s safety program
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal using welding processes such as GTAW and SMAW welding
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and rolls
- Read and interpret blueprints and welding specifications
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license in AB
- The company offers an excellent compensation package including excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.