Lab Maintenance/Calibration Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Lab Maintenance and Calibration Technician|
|Location||Central Singapore, Singapore|
ExxonMobil is a publicly-traded international oil and gas company, providing energy that helps underpin growing economies and improve living standards around the world. It uses innovation and technology to deliver energy to a growing need of the world. It also produces and sells crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products.
The company is seeking a Lab Maintenance/Calibration Technician who will support/assist the lab supervisors/chemists by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis/wet chemistry on water/aromatics products and in-process samples, support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance/control.
Perform calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of test equipment.
Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues.
- Applicants should have a minimum GCE “O” level, Polytechnic Diploma (preferred)
- None required, yet related relevant work experience (advantageous)
- Conduct field checks and interventions on peers and contractors working within Lab to ensure safe work practices are adhered to.
- Contribute to the safe operation and quality of the Lab to meet the business/company goals
- Demonstrate strong ownership and accountability and ensure housekeeping standards are met in his/her assigned area
- Intervene when observing unsafe acts and identify safety issues within the Lab and raise them to the appropriate level
- Participates in emergency drills and is able to react confidently when a business continuity plan (BCP) is activated
- Participates in incident investigations and proposes solutions and recommendations to prevent a recurrence
- Participates in safety meetings and periodically conducts field checks on work in respective areas and takes action to rectify unsafe facilities, work conditions, and acts
- Respond to site emergencies as needed
- Responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others (Actively Caring) in the assigned Post.
- Strengthen and sustain competency in Lab testing skills, as well as calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting skills
- Understands the requirements of and executes work in his/her assigned Post in accordance with the Lab quality, operating and safety standards and procedures and complies with various company quality standards as well as industry testing standards (e.g. ASTM/IP).
Major Work Duties-
- Conduct routine testing and certification of refinery environmental/water treatment samples and Aromatics streams per testing methods
- Any unscheduled maintenance or calibration checks
- Assist maintenance service vendor in lab equipment maintenance work
- Conduct any adhoc/urgent tests as assigned by lab supervisors/chemists
- Conducts training on equipment operation as necessary
- Generate requisition orders for items highlighted by Lab staff and follow up on orders not delivered yet, especially those urgently needed.
- Highlights any shortages of spare parts to supervisor and generates requisition order
- Maintaining/housekeeping equipment operating manuals
- Maintaining/housekeeping the chemical and sample retention store rooms
- Maintenance and calibration of instruments as per schedule
- Monitoring inventory levels of SQC samples and highlighting to QAC (Quality Assurance Coordinator) the need for replenishment
- Perform Lab instrument’s SQC as per schedule
- Reagent preparation and standardization/re-standardization
- Receiving and inspecting goods and rejecting those not conforming to specifications
- Returns all equipment used for maintenance to the appropriate place for safe keeping
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Interest in lab equipment calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Be a team player, shows initiative, willingness to learn, be responsible, adaptable, communicate effectively, and have good organization/planning skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.