Website CWB Group
Lab Technician (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Lab Technician – Welding|
|Location||Mississauga, ON, Canada|
CWB Group is an industry-supported private sector organization providing welding certification, management systems registration, and training services to over 7600 companies in 34 countries. Supported through CWB Certification, CWB Education, CWB Registration, CWB Consulting, and the CWB Association membership, the CWB Group provides a comprehensive and integrated service to the welding and joining the industry.
The Group is searching for a Lab Technician (Welding) who will be responsible for laboratory services for the CWB Group.
- Post-Secondary Education in related field
- CWB Level 1 Inspector Certification
- Science/Engineering diploma, degree courses, and certificates related to duties
- National qualification as specified in CGSB system or be trained and deemed competent to operate an X-ray system
- The prospective applicants should have 2 to 5 years of welding, metal industry, or testing service-related experience.
- Shipping and Receiving experience.
- Ensure verification of the accuracy of the client’s test plate/PQT shipment received and the availability of the CWB Form 624
- Facilitate the weekly shipment to an outside laboratory
- General housekeeping of the Milton lab and the AWTC
- Log/process results for all PQRs outside the Ontario region
- Order supplies for the Lab/Facility etc.
- Performing and processing bends (log/count/test/process/report including as applicable in CWB electronic and paper systems)
- Process Fracture and Macro evaluations (log/count/test/process/report including as applicable in CWB electronic and paper systems)
- Process x-rays/PQRs (Log/count/ship/process results)
- Processing test plate orders
- Shipping and Receiving
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure high accuracy of work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within scheduled timeframes and set priorities to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Forklift license
- General Machining, Tool, and measuring equipment used
- Interpersonal Skills and ability to work with a team
- Ontario Occupation Health and Safety Act and Industrial Reg. 851 knowledge
- Practical welding or material and process knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a minimum knowledge of Excel
- Competitive salary structure
- Comprehensive medical benefits for you and your dependents
- Flexible work schedule
- RRSP and pension program
- Structured career development: we offer education and training opportunities to help you reach your goals
CWB Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to equality and value diversity and inclusion. The Group believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented employees from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.