Website Martin Marietta
Laborer Job Highlights
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is searching for a Laborer who will involve various manual tasks including shoveling, sweeping, lifting (50 lbs.), pushing, and pulling various objects.
Willingness to learn to operate various equipment, such as a front-end loader, skid steer, etc.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess previous experience working with conveyors (preferred)
- Previous experience in a role with similar responsibilities (preferred)
- Assist in unloading trains
- Assists with other maintenance as needed including welding and fabrication
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Observe visual and auditory signals during the operation
- Operates plant equipment to include: conveyors, front end loader, skid steer, overhead shaker, air dump rail cars, and other duties as needed for production
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on equipment; reports defects and repairs to maintenance personnel
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Ability to write legibly
- Able to operate heavy equipment including 980K front end loader and skid steer
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication preferred
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule, including occasional nights, weekend work, and overtime
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Ability to recognize changes in sounds
- Ability to see at night
- Ability to stand, kneel, bend at waist routinely
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise
- Be able to push, pull, lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently; up to 50 lbs. occasionally; and up to 83 lbs. infrequently.
- Must be able to distinguish between different colors
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials
- Must be able to see and read hand signals from near and far distances
- Must be able to visually judge the speed and distance of moving objects
- Must be able to walk on various ground surfaces. i.e. sand/rock/pavement
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.