Laborer Helper Job Highlights
|Location||Lafayette, LA, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is looking to hire a Laborer Helper with construction experience for the project.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus, not required
- Possess work-related experience (a plus, not required)
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by craft workers.
- Assist to build and positioning forms for pouring concrete, and dismantling forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various janitorial/housekeeping activities.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers: and mix, pour and spread concrete
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Follow the rules of safe conduct always
- Must be able to use the standard or metric ruler to measure
- Identify, recognize, and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Identify, recognize, and select appropriate materials needed for specific crafts
- The company offers outstanding benefits, good pay, and career opportunities.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.