Laborer (Rail) Job Highlights
|Location||Cocoa, FL, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is looking to hire a Laborer (Rail) who will perform a variety of general labor tasks in a pit or a quarry or at a preparation plant.
Laborers generally perform their duties during rotating shifts that vary while the hours of operation of the business, under direct supervision.
This job interfaces, on a daily basis, with the rest of the operations in this location. The employee holding this job must perform the work activities in a correct, accurate, and timely fashion due to the fact that every single work activity in our line of business is crucial for the whole operation.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a basic one will be a plus.
- Prior experience required, equivalent to thirty days or more of training or experience.
- Ability to perform an emergency rescue.
- Adhere to all CEMEX and OSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Assist mechanics and semi and skilled personnel in procuring and moving parts, material, and equipment.
- Assist with scheduled maintenance and major repairs.
- Assist with cleaning parts, materials, and equipment
- Clean working areas, using a high-pressure water hose
- Dig and maintain drainage ditches
- General housekeeping in the pit, plant, office, and quarry facilities
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the leadman or supervisor or Leadman.
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed, which will include operating mobile and plant equipment
- Shovel material onto conveyors
- Shovel muck, stone, gravel, and sand from around conveyors
- Performs job functions during mandatory overtime periods, as assigned
- Ability to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to comprehend additional training presented to him/her in relation to the performance of the work duties.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctioning and respond accordingly.
- Ability to develop mechanical or welding skills for future promotion.
- Ability to perform work according to a routine, while maintaining standards of performance.
- Basic mathematical skills, including addition and subtraction of two-digit numbers and basic units of measurement.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- General knowledge of safety, environmental and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Proper discharge of duties by the company laborer will be measured, in part, by the degree of efficiency of performance, as measured through visual observation and periodic verification.
- Proper operation of all equipment.
- Ability to work scheduled shift hours and be flexible with scheduling, overtime, and weekends
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to pass a drug test prior to employment.
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, or pulling the controls
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- The company offers both competitive pay and benefits. They may include but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay, as well as a comprehensive wellness program to help keep employees and their families healthy and well.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.