Laborer (Shop) Job Highlights
|Location||Elko, NV, United States|
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is seeking an Individual for this entry-level position will be a learning position as a Laborer, for both Welding and Mechanic work on equipment such as mechanical, electrical/hydraulic systems on all models of electric shovels and other mining equipment.
- No special education level is mentioned
- Yet applicants should know the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of numbers including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams; use of adjustable measuring instruments; checking of reports, forms, records, and comparable data; where interpretation is required.
- The candidates should have over 3 months up to and including 12 months experience with heavy equipment or general labor.
- Assist skilled trades or craftsmen by fetching tools, materials, and equipment.
- Clean tools, clean equipment, paint, and grease equipment as needed.
- Considerable physical demand. Continuously lifting or moving average weight materials and working in difficult work positions.
- Consistently promotes the P&H Safety first attitude which includes but is not limited to understanding and complying with all established Cardinal Rules; Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers; constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain a safe working environment by completing FLRA’s, Near Miss Cards and Safety Observations.
- Frequent mental and visual attention, where the flow of work is intermittent or the operation involves waiting for a machine or process to complete a cycle, with some checking.
- Responsibility to prevent damages due to mistakes or carelessness to equipment or materials. Prevent loss that may result from negligent inspection or testing; from spoilage or wastage of raw or in-process materials.
- This position requires working well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and at all times demonstrating cooperative behavior with coworkers and Leadmen.
- Use of some judgment to comply with instructions or prescribed routines, methods, or practices involving the making of minor decisions.
- Will work with a higher level Welder or Mechanic to learn to interpret blueprints, operate electrical power tools and pneumatic power tools as well as learn how to follow a scope of work.
- Any other duties as appropriate and required.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.