Website Delta Constructors
Laborer Job Highlights
|Location||Carlsbad, NM, United States|
Delta Constructors is a growing construction company providing support and services to the upstream oil and gas industry. We offer a disciplined approach to project delivery that is focused on results. Our measure of success is delivering on our commitments on time and on budget. We have established ourselves as the contractor of choice to provide the best quality job at the best value to our clients while setting the standard for safety.
The company is looking for a Laborer to join its team for various manufacturing and management activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience working in the oilfield as a Laborer or in other field positions.
- Acts as confined space entry attendant
- Assists in the construction of temporary hoardings/structures
- Assists Journeyman Craft positions, including but not limited to structural, scaffold, carpenter, and welder
- Assists with lifting scaffolding materials
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and appropriate educational classes required by the department.
- Conducts fire watch duty
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the immediate Supervisor and HSE Supervisor.
- Load and unload freight supplies, haul and hoist materials
- Maintains a clean job site; picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage
- Operates high-pressure power washing equipment
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in building, and oil & gas construction projects.
- Performs job site/office/facilities maintenance/clean-up
- Secures and safely transports equipment according to company and DOT policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule and meet deadlines given.
- Knowledge in metal, mechanics, or other labor crafts
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, hand and power tools, materials, and supplies used in basic construction.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in industrial construction.
- Proficient with hand and power tools
- Skilled in maintaining a positive attitude in challenging situations
- Alaska locations only: Current and valid Drivers’ License
- Alaska locations only: North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) Training, required
- Frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Regularly required to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue, and to effectively jump, sprint, or throw an object.
- The incumbent must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The incumbent must have good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
- Alaska locations only (the employee must be able to travel by road within, and out of, the State of Alaska)
- North Dakota locations only (the employee must be able to travel by road within, and out of, the State of North Dakota)
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, and equipment.
- Required to work and stay on-site during the work rotation and must comply with all Company and Client policies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require the use of earplugs on occasion.
- Work condition is an outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- Competitive 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Delta Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes all applicants/employees without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.deltaconstructors.net.