Website Ocean Group
Labourer Job Highlights
|Location||Isle-aux-Coudres, QC, Canada|
Ocean Group is renowned for its ingenious marine solutions. The company is one of the main suppliers of integrated marine services and a leader in the marine industry.
The Company is seeking a Labourer who will be responsible for performing various tasks such as helping other crafts with their work, performing the cleaning, painting, sandblasting, and finishing tasks, as well as assembling and disassembling scaffolding.
The position will work under the supervision of the foreman.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a basic one will be an asset.
- Experience in painting and sandblasting would be an asset
- Worksite experience in the industrial field and in the maritime sector would be an asset
- Assemble temporary shelters and scaffolding
- Assist welders/fitters in the execution of their work
- Carry out different messenger tasks
- Carry out packaging and protection work on various equipment
- Conduct air tests in compartments
- Monitor the work in confined space performed by welders/fitters and labourers
- Operate the overhead travelling crane
- Participate in boat maneuvers (moving up and down the dry dock)
- Perform cleaning duties
- Perform grinding and painting tasks
- Perform reservoir pumping operations
- Perform sandblasting operations
- Perform various finishing works
- Perform various handling tasks
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by foremen
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces as well as outdoors
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and welding would be an asset
- Multi-skilled, energetic, and resourceful
- Working as a team and taking on challenges
- 40 hours/week on 4 days
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Free employee assistance program
- Full range of benefits
- Social activities
Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people, and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine form is used in this document for conciseness purposes only. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit www.groupocean.com.