Website Louis Industries
Laser Operator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Paynesville, MN, United States|
Louis Industries is a sheet metal fabricator and steel distributor using state-of-the-art technology to manufacture quality parts.
The company is searching for a Laser Operator who will be responsible for laser operations including machine setup, productivity, maintenance, and quality.
- 2-years of Technical Degree in Machine Tools or CNC (preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant experience (preferred)
- Certified and experienced forklift operator
- CAD training or experience (preferred)
- Certified crane operator (preferred)
- Assures that all products conform to prescribed quality standards
- Follow all standard safety regulations
- Handle assorted steel raw material and steel scrap
- Load and edit machine programs
- Load material in sheet bays
- Maintain cutting quality at acceptable feed rates
- Operate small hand and power tools
- Package parts using banding or shrink wrap, as needed
- Perform advanced maintenance, including window changing/focal depth, external optical path cleaning, and realignment, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical repair
- Perform a first part and random part inspections according to the protocol on the work order router
- Perform general laser maintenance, including startup/shutdown, window cleaning, nozzle centering, cleaning dust bins, replacing cutting beds, and keeping lasers and the work environment clean
- Regularly operate laser or punching machines
- Safely operate a forklift to load and unload material and move completed parts
- Separate/pick parts from skeletons that are cut on the laser and stack them onto pallets/containers
- Support process improvement activities
- Other duties may be assigned that pertain to the classification.
- Able to communicate orally or in written form effectively with personnel
- Familiarity with blueprints and inspection equipment
- Knowledge of inventory control and manufacturing processes
- Proficient with mathematical equations
- Skill in mechanical repair of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Frequent lifting of 50 lbs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and standing for 8 hours per day.
- Must have a communicable range of hearing and sight with or without the use of aids.
- Requires exposure to a typical manufacturing area where the environment is affected by outside temperatures and machining.
- 401k match
- Annual and quarterly bonus
- Boot allowance
- Dental insurance
- Dependent daycare flex spending
- Employee referral bonus
- Health insurance
- Holiday pay
- HSA match
- Life insurance
- Paid uniforms
- Prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Short term disability
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Vacation pay
- Vision insurance
- Weld helmet allowance
Louis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.louisind.com.