Website Chart Industries
Lathe Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Valencia, CA, United States|
Chart Industries, focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is hiring a Lathe Machinist who will be responsible for fabricating and producing prototype and short-run parts on CNC Haas lathes and knowledge of lathe live tooling (a plus)
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a machine shop environment or equivalent
- Familiar with ISO 9001
- Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
- Must have knowledge of machining technology, machining, and mechanical principles, a high-level degree of skills, and technique.
- Determines cutting tools to be used, method of holding, and machine speeds and feeds for different materials such as stainless steels, aluminum, brass, and micarta (fiber type), drilling, boring, reaming, tapping, and profiling shapes as required.
- Maintains specifications by observing machining processes and operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Select tools appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in the preparation of machinery work
- Performs set-ups, tool changes, resetting of tool offsets, and editing minor CNC programs, when necessary.
- Confirm with numerical control programmers in order to check and ensure that the new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications
- Reports major discrepancies to the Lead or Supervisor.
- Study sample parts, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Under supervision, interprets programs to determine a sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Dis-mantles set-ups and returns tools and fixtures to proper location upon completion of manufacturing runs
- Reads blueprints – determine set-up procedure, and modifications in the operation of precision grinding machines to produce machine parts according to blueprints, router package, specifications, or special instructions
- Must be able to use a wide variety of precision measuring equipment to inspect own work and validate drawing features for compliance. Deburr and clean parts as required
- Must be able to hold tight tolerances on machined parts.
- Performs general and preventative maintenance on equipment, this includes cleaning, lubricating machines, and cleaning and organizing the work areas (5s).
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures when using machines
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Regularly required to stand, walk or balance, use hands and fingers to type, handle, feel, grasp, push, pull, and talk and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and repetitive motion.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- May occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Subject to an uncontrolled manufacturing shop with environmental conditions, which could expose the associate to heat and cold weather, noise, and oils as well as subjected to hazards such as but not limited to, moving parts and vehicles, heat and chemicals, and electrical current.
- The company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with employer contribution.
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.