Launch Mechanical Design Engineer (HV Battery Module) Job Highlights
|Title||Launch Mechanical Design Engineer – HV Battery Module|
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Launch Mechanical Design Engineer to join its battery pack team.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Degree or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3+ years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably with high-volume manufacturing.
- Ongoing design engineering support to improve Tesla battery quality and production rate.
- Respond to problems on the production line, perform root cause analysis, develop a solution, and validate the solution before pushing to production.
- Tight integration with the Austin Gigafactory production line.
- Visit suppliers and help them improve their process and production lines to make sure incoming parts are high quality.
- Work with design team members in California to make partial changes to improve production
- Work with manufacturing, production, and quality to ensure all programs remain on schedule.
- A detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience in mechanical engineering from concept through production release with a focus on DFM.
- Experience in quality control, root cause analysis, or supplier quality improvement.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, extruding, casting, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating, bonding, and fastener selection. Direct machine shop skills are a plus.
- Proficient in CAD modeling, CATIA v5 or v6/3DX experience a plus but not mandatory.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.