Layout Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Sparks, NV, United States|
ThyssenKrupp AG manufactures industrial components. The Company produces flat-rolled and cast steel, automobile parts, elevators and escalators, machine tools, bearings, nonferrous metals, and plastics. ThyssenKrupp develops and manages real estate as well as designs and constructs factories.
ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions is seeking an experienced Layout Welder who can perform layout and welding following industry codes such as AWS D1.1 with the main focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
Must have experience MIG and TIG welding carbon and stainless steels, and as well as brazing on a variety of different steel types, structures, and different sizes ranging from a few inches to several feet.
The layout of piece parts from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions is also required, as well as performing welding tasks at the client’s location place in coordination with our field service department.
- The aspiring applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to read engineering drawings including geometric tolerances (metric and English)
- Experience in a manufacturing or welding environment.
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques, tools, and principles involved in arc welding and brazing.
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing methods
- Previous welding certifications
- Technical or vocational schooling for blueprint reading, weld symbols, geometric tolerances, inspection, layout, and welding.
- Experience brazing
- Handling of piece parts ranging up to 50 lbs.
- Interface effectively with coworkers in a manufacturing environment.
- Welding carbon and stainless steel using MIG or TIG.
- Travel requirement up to 25%
- Layout, fitting, and welding, of components to create finished weldments. This includes reading and interpretation of engineering drawings, tolerances, and welding symbols.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner utilizing all required PPE being constantly aware of others in the work area.
- Using overhead and/or jib/pedestal cranes, forklifts, man-lifts, pneumatic tools, hydraulic tools, hand tools, and torches as required.
Key Attributes (Success Ways)
- Hands-on and proactive problem-solving skills
- Punctual and the ability to manage time independently with minimal supervision.
- Quality mindset.
- Safety conscious; contributing to a safe working environment for oneself and all others.
- The ability to work in a welding fabrication environment (physical exertion and noise) and to work well with others in a team environment.
- 401(k) Plan
- Critical Illness
- FSA & HSA
- Hospital Indemnity
- Identity Theft Protection
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Roth IRA
- STD/LTD – Company Paid
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Vision Coverage
- Voluntary Accident
ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thyssenkrupp.com.