Website Baker Hughes
Lead Engineer (Services Engineering) Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Engineer (Services Engineering)|
|Location||Aberdeen, Scotland, UK|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is seeking a Lead Engineer (Services Engineering) who will be responsible for technical activities contributing to the delivery of products/solutions/systems for the Services organisation, including activities linked to the technical improvement of existing products and components.
This role will cover Customer-owned and Rental Equipment across the following Product Lines: Subsea Xmas Trees, Tubing Hangers & associated tooling, Completion/Workover Riser systems, and Wellhead Tooling.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma/GED with proven experience in Engineering/Technology)
- Have proven experience in an Engineering role
- Be familiar and up to date with industry standards such as API 6A, 17D, 17G
- Collaborating with Engineering or cross-functional initiatives on company priorities such as quality, cost control, and design standard updates, with the purpose of improving product competitiveness
- Creating detailed designs for manufacture and participation and creating material for design reviews including materials and environmental reviews using relevant software to prepare general drawings
- Creates Layouts, Specifies functional components, evaluates stackups, creates assembly procedures, supports manufacturing, undertakes basic calculations
- Creating work packs for delegation, reviewing detail drawings, creating test procedures, and leading small teams
- Developing conceptual design requirements and layouts for review following company design process management (DPM) protocols
- Interpreting customer technical specifications, organizing and leading the design reviews ensuring that all customer requirements, technical risks, and past lessons learned are properly captured
- Understanding and applying design for manufacture principles for turning, machining, drilling, milling, and welding processes to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture and assembly
- Undertaking design verification, which may include but is not limited to: Tolerance studies, design reliability, design for manufacture, simple failure analysis, design reviews, and simple calculations for basic design Verification purposes
- Have good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Have sound oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- The safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.