Lead Equipment Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Equipment Operator Lead|
|Location||Seattle, WA, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company (Arcosa Specialty Materials) is recruiting a Lead Equipment Operator who will support positive safety culture and direct production and maintenance activities within a manufacturing environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards.
Lead and direct the production and maintenance team in all areas of plant operations, including production, maintenance, and crushing, and heavy equipment operation.
Use welding equipment, hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment to perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose operational obstacles in areas including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems including hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- MSHA Certification (will train)
- Possess at least 5+ years of experience as an equipment operator or maintenance technician, diesel mechanic, or related fields, preferably in a construction or mining environment, preferably with lead or supervisory experience
- Complete all MSHA-required paperwork.
- Coordinate Plant operations with Plant Manager and other leads.
- Coordinate with the team to assure all PM work is completed.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse on inventory and job tasks
- Demonstrate and explain machine operation and processes to new workers.
- Diagnose and repair all types of rotating and conveying equipment, including pumps, elevators, screw conveyors, belting, material handling, crushers, centrifuges, dryers, etc.
- Maintain shop and maintenance vehicle cleanliness.
- Make repairs to and check machines and equipment for correct operation.
- Prepare parts lists and orders and retrieve parts as needed.
- Proactively assist in training less-skilled employees.
- Routinely inspect, test, operate, and clean equipment to determine whether it is functioning properly and safely.
- Perform miscellaneous jobs related duties as assigned.
- Ability to complete and organize documentation associated with the job.
- Ability to motivate others with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems, set priorities, and determine best methods and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals, labels, blueprints, and schematics.
- Computer experience: Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Creative thinking and good organizational skills
- Dynamic leadership over the workforce, with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with conveyors, bearings, elevators, hammer mills, feeders, etc.
- Proficiency in General Maintenance, Lubrication, Welding, and Diagnostics.
- Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Willingness to follow directions and work effectively with management.
- Working knowledge of Lockout/Tagout, Tryout
- The ability to frequently stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks up to 60 feet as required, and occasionally lift weights up to 60 pounds.
- The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy) and perform duties in areas with regular exposure to moderate to loud noise levels, fine dust, vibration, and moving mechanical parts.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Willingness to adhere to and enforce safety rules and regulations, including wearing PPE.
- 11 paid Company holidays
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Professional Training and Development Programs
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote within
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.