Lead Fitter/Welder 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Fitter/Welder 2nd Shift|
|Location||Fort Worth, TX, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company is seeking a Lead Fitter/Welder to join its team for various manufacturing and management needs.
- The applicants may be required a basic educational i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have no less than 2 years of demonstrated successful experience as a welder, fitter, or fitter/welder in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a metal fabrication or welding facility, specifically with flux-core and or metal-core welding processes is highly preferred.
- Assist the bay supervisor with managing and forecasting daily production operations of heavy industrial products for the assigned workgroup
- Assist the bay supervisor with the communication of daily expectations for Quality, Production, Safety, and On-Time Deliveries
- Assist the bay supervisors with setting and managing production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply, staffing resources, and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality
- Coach employees on work quality and quantity such as fit-up and welding processes, ensuring goals are met and solving issues as they arise and are identified
- Conduct fit up checks on products as required by production and quality processes
- Ensure all production paperwork is properly completed on time and accurately on each work product in the production bay of responsibility
- Ensure employees follow all safety procedures and protocols, serve on safety committees, and complete regular safety audits
- Ensure work products are completed and inspected properly prior to quality inspectors being scheduled for inspections
- Overcome obstacles as they appear in achieving established safety, production, efficiency, and quality metrics
- A high degree of dependability, maturity, and strong leadership characteristics as demonstrated through previous professional work experience.
- Completion of Meyer Utility Structure’s Visual Inspection Certification (VT) course is highly preferred, but not required
- Must be able to work 4:00 pm – 2:30 am, Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays as production requires.
- Regular and predictable attendance, a great attitude, and an ability to work well with a team towards achieving a common goal.
- Thorough knowledge of blueprints and layouts, preferably related to transmission poles.
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.