Lead Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Maintenance Technician|
|Location||Dunkirk, NY, United States|
Stericycle is the industry-leading compliance company for healthcare organizations, patients, and commercial businesses of every size. The suite of essential services helps clients properly dispose of potentially harmful medical waste, shred confidential information, and protect their trusted patient and customer relationships.
The company is looking for a Lead Maintenance Technician who will perform all maintenance functions, including but not limited to preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant.
- The applicants should have an Associates Degree or Equivalent from a university or college
- The candidates should have 8 or more years of related experience or training, demonstrating the ability to identify repairs that are needed and to assure scheduled production run
- Education equivalent to Associates Degree from two-year college or technical school, or the equivalent in related work experience
- Possession of boiler, steamer, welding or electrical certification or license recommended
- Document results through completed work orders based on schedule and priority or as required. Research and recommend maintenance supplies, equipment, and procedures
- Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure a safe, clean, healthy, and efficient facility and vigorously support Stericycle’s Commitment to Safety
- Perform diagnostic evaluation on equipment and make repairs when needed. Ensures that repairs are performed in the shortest amount of time possible to maintain the highest level of operational readiness
- Perform electrical maintenance on all plant equipment to include 480V/240V/120V/24V power systems. PLC and control troubleshooting and maintenance experience required. Perform plumbing, welding, and cutting torch activities
- Performs preventive, corrective, and scheduled maintenance on a daily basis on a variety of machinery within the plant. This machinery includes but is not limited to fire tube boiler and ancillary equipment, steam delivery systems, water softeners, water treatment equipment, air handling equipment, pneumatic and electric systems, pumps and motors, and conveyor systems
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Electrical Certification
- The company offers a full range of benefits including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Also offers tuition reimbursement and job-specific certifications including but not limited to forklift certification.
Stericycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified people regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, indigenous status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.stericycle.com.