Website GE Aviation
Lead Manufacturing Engineer/Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Manufacturing Engineer/Specialist|
|Location||Evendale, OH, United States|
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
The company is seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer/Specialist who will support various projects related to coatings in the Supply Chain Division.
They will be responsible for maintaining daily operations within the lab with a focus on machine/equipment operation, Environmental Health, and Safety, facilities, and various project works.
This individual will be self-directed and hands-on with the capability to manage multiple tasks within a day, prioritize short-term needs requiring an immediate attention, and work projects of moderate complexity.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED OR
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in an applicable technical discipline from an accredited school or institution (i.e. Aviation Maintenance, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, Chemical Technology, Welding Technology, etc.)
- The candidates should have 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing or testing environment
- Adhere to a detailed schedule for complex engineering and/or manufacturing development work scope
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks are consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Coordinate with site Environmental Health and Safety representatives to ensure safe working conditions within the lab including adherence to EHS regulations
- Follow technical plans to meet desired manufacturing objectives
- Lead initiatives focused on operational process improvements and 5S activities
- Lead team meetings focused on daily operations, quality, and EHS
- Maintain currency and compliance with GE policies, procedures, and directives, including vouchering, reporting, operating, environmental and safety practices
- Meet quality system requirements for Aerospace applications
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple pieces of equipment within a facility to enable the delivery of coatings on coupons, development/prototype hardware, and low-rate production hardware
- Participate in teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Proactively monitor lab facilities daily to maintain successful and efficient operation. Work with GE Facilities team, Union personnel, and outside contractors on facilities issues, improvements, and scheduled maintenance
- Share engineering information, promote open dialogue, and support an inclusive work environment
- Work with engineers to complete assigned projects including development and documentation of process improvements and coatings applications
- Ability to create and follow technical planning
- Ability to use standard shop measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, amp meters, gauges, and comparators) and shop equipment
- Basic proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office
- Consistent work ethic, adding to the team’s ability to execute and deliver on team commitments
- Desire to continue to grow individual skills and supports growth within the team
- Desire to continuously improve processes and procedures
- Eligible to join FAA Drug and Alcohol pool to work on field returned hardware
- Experience with coating systems/technologies
- Experience with machine maintenance and overhaul
- Experience with or desire to learn 3D modeling software for tooling design and development
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Experience working with special process equipment such as grit blasters, laser machines, thermal spray equipment, vacuum systems, and/or vapor phase/chemical vapor deposition equipment
- History of taking initiative to meet target schedules
- History of working effectively with co-workers, leaders, and employees outside the organization
- Manufacturing experience in a process engineering environment
- Project management skills with the ability to monitor progress, order materials, install equipment and maintain systems
- Robotic/PL/PLC programming knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of basic machinery/equipment and ability to troubleshoot problems
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
- GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.