Website Miso Robotics
Lead Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||Pasadena, CA, United States|
Miso Robotics creates robots that eliminate dull, dirty, and dangerous tasks in restaurant kitchens. The company is transforming the restaurant industry. It has developed a robotic kitchen assistant, Flippy, that can perform a variety of kitchen tasks including flipping burgers and running the deep fryer.
The company is searching for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer who will validate designs and commercialize systems for our robotic kitchen assistants.
The robotic kitchen assistant consists of several integrated electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
The applicants should have experience bringing a physical product from design to large-scale production and leading teams to finalize complex mechanical designs.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 6+ years of experience designing and delivering physical products through the manufacturing process.
- 2+ years of experience supervising the validation process of designs for manufacturing
- Experience in every element of the design, prototyping, iteration, and manufacturing product cycle
- Experience in robotics or mechatronics is preferred.
- Experience with different manufacturing processes preferred (CNC Milling, CNC Turning, Injection Molding, Sheet metal fabrication, Welding, Laser/Water Jet Cutting, etc.)
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing is preferred.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Build up knowledge in the team around Design for Manufacturing to expand the influence of scalability early in our development process.
- Document production processes to be understood and implemented by production personnel.
- Implement and lead best practices within the team to bring the detailed design work to ready-to-manufacture full document packages to hand off to the Supply Chain team.
- Lead the team that owns the Design for Manufacturing capability across all of Miso’s Product Lines to drive increased scalability.
- Own and develop Design for Manufacturing processes using best practices; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication and assembly processes, tooling and fixturing design and applications, materials and quality control standards; conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from team members.
- Review and validate existing designs and provide key insights to the team around Design for Manufacturing, Design for Assembly, and Costs to drive increased scalability of our products.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team.
- Great at managing multiple tasks and getting stuff done in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel to manufacturing sites to implement new processes.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and focus on output.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- 401k Plan
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits offerings
- Education reimbursement program
- Unlimited PTO policy
Miso Robotics is Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit misorobotics.com.