Lead Manufacturing Projects Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Manufacturing Projects Engineer|
|Location||Beltsville, MD, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company (Eaton’s Aerospace Division) is seeking a Lead Manufacturing Projects Engineer who will be responsible for Operations Tasks (ME) for new product launches and transitions following the Eaton PROLaunch (NPD and STP) Process and manufacturing process capability deployment.
Lead manufacturing activities such as process development, creation of standard work documentation, tooling, fixturing, and equipment selection in alignment with Aerospace quality standards (AS9100), Customer, and Eaton internal requirements.
Lead the Transfer of Manufacturing Technology, Processes, and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS).
Ensure that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment that includes new product launches.
- Feasibility Reviews of manufacturing capacity and capability of target sites
- Lead Design for Manufacturing activities with the Product Engineering leader
- On-time support of program gates and deliverables led by project managers
- Oversee the purchase of new capital equipment, conduct new equipment product validations, coordinate the delivery of the equipment (new or existing) to the TMS, and work with the export control team to ensure all required export licenses have been obtained for the equipment being shipped.
- Provide technical leadership for IMS/TMS Transitions including:
- Support costing of potential programs by drafting processes, estimating capital investment as well as labor content of the product.
- Support target site in the development of robust processes and manufacturing process specifications required for quality assurance.
- Technical assessment of existing manufacturing tools and processes for part manufacturability at sending and receiving sites, prior to moving parts.
- Training and development of personnel at new manufacturing locations
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 8 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience with manufacturing change management processes using enterprise planning systems (SAP, MFGPro) is desirable.
- Experience with manufacturing processes (metal and carbon machining, metal forming, welding, heat treating), equipment selection, tooling, and part process inspection.
- Experience with process benchmarking and deployment (training and qualification) is desirable.
- Exposure to Aerospace standards, and specifications (NADCAP Welding, Heat Treating, and Finishing)
- Exposure to a multicultural environment and program launches outside the USA
- Thorough knowledge of Quality systems, methods, and practices; QS 9000, AS9100, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, NADCAP, and MSA
- Thorough understanding and working experience with GD&T
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.