Website MYR Group
Lead Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Anchorage, AK, United States|
MYR Group and its subsidiaries deliver the most notable electrical infrastructure and commercial and industrial projects. The company’s integrated solutions, extensive expertise, and comprehensive approach provide superior electrical construction services that drive strong project outcomes with exceptional customer service and value.
The company is seeking a Lead Mechanic who will be responsible for overseeing the preventative maintenance of electrical construction and transportation equipment to support our projects in the NY area.
The position requires the ability to lead, motivate and direct other technicians, and assist in their development; the position will require hands-on experience and knowledge of field equipment and working with labor unions.
The position will also require scheduling repairs and team schedules.
This position will be a field position working on and maintaining a wide range of company vehicles and equipment. This will be a union position. All candidates must be willing and able to sign on with the IBEW if hired.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes (aerial certification training preferred) 7 years of experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers, and tensioners
- Minimum 5 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs
- Be the first point of contact for repairs needed on equipment in the project areas
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Responsible for constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical construction and transportation equipment
- Servicing and repairing MYR equipment and providing support to the construction crews
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- Using a computer to submit paperwork, review and update reports, and coding of invoices
- Need to establish a working relationship with outside vendors in the area
- MYR equipment to include but is not limited to:
-Overhead pullers and tension machines
-Class 1 to 8 vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to use a computer efficiently to submit paperwork and to review and update reports
- Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
- Able to balance large workloads and coordinate mandated inspections
- Good communication and computer skills
- Good welding skills: Stick, MIG, TIG, and Gas
- Must have a valid CDL or be able to obtain one within 90 days of hire
- The ability to multitask and identify parts or machines that need new components, or need to be replaced, will be necessary.
- $15 weekly premium for employee-only and employee plus family coverage
- 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
- Annual profit-sharing potential
- Auto and homeowners
- Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment
- Company-paid Short/Long-term disability
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Critical illness and accident plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Group legal
- Holidays (8 per year)
- Identity theft protection
- Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off
- PTO starts at 15 days annually
- Superior educational assistance program
- Supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
MYR Group and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. The Group is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit careers.myrgroup.com.