Lead Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Peoria, IL, United States|
Philippi-Hagenbuch is a global leader in customized off-highway truck haulage enhancements including Autogate Tailgates, Water Tanks, Truck Bodies, Trailers, Load Ejectors, and Sideboards.
The company is hiring a Lead Welder who will primarily be responsible for welding, field production work, and supervising the day-to-day function of the Welding Department.
Responsible for communicating and maintaining welding product quality, job priority, and job pace among the Associates of the Welding Department.
Directly supervises those in the Welding Department.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess experience serving as a Team Lead or Supervisor
- Assists the Production Manager in the selection of hiring, performance monitoring, and training of Welding Department Associates (Lead Welder must be able to conduct Weld Test with potential candidates who apply to the Welding Department)
- Cross-training to assist in other departments as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the department
- Mentors Associates in the Welding Department in terms of safety, work quality, and attendance
- MIG and dual shield welding
- Reading and interpreting prints, assembly drawings, and Bill of Materials
- Visually inspect work to ensure quality standards have been met
- Welding from a variety of positions, e.g., flat, vertical, and overhead
- Basic computer skills
- Proficiency in print reading, fitting, and Dual Shield
- Have strong blueprint reading skills
- Able to work all overtime hours available, and travel within the United States
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Time off Benefits
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k)
- Additional Benefits
Philippi-Hagenbuch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit philsystems.aaimtrack.com.