Lead Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Welding Engineer|
|Location||Tempe, AZ, United States|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy.
The company is looking for a Lead Welding Engineer who will function as a technical resource providing materials and engineering expertise for Honeywell Aero products.
Provide design and applications support of materials and process engineering requirements and specifications for Aerospace designs in both commercial and defense applications. This includes materials and process selection, evaluation and qualification, support of special processes, and fixed process controls.
The candidate will be interacting with both internal and external technical experts and function as a primary technical interface on assigned programs or product lines.
Additional responsibilities include project leadership.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or Masters’s Degree in Welding Engineering from a college or university.
- 10 years of experience demonstrating both hands-on welding, brazing, heat treat & NDT processes, and metallurgy expertise mixed with process development, problem resolution, and design requirement definition
- 5 years of experience leading project teams in developing materials solutions and/or problem-solving complex materials forging challenges
- 5 years of experience with a large variety of engineering substantiation projects with demonstrated competency in training and coaching engineers in this subject
- Demonstrate strong impactful leadership of Welding, Heat Treating, NDT, and Brazing Special Process Team
- Develop strategic relationships with adjacent engineering and business organizations leading achievement of Honeywell’s objectives
- Lead and perform role model project leadership for complex technical development projects
- Lead development of engineers to understand metallurgy and metallurgical solutions to progress process development
- Lead the Aerospace Substantiation Functional group ensuring strong ownership and commitment to both work execution and thorough learning of business and technical processes
- Recognize processing history in the metallurgical results and explain the meaning of the results to upper leadership, peers, and early-career engineers
- Use a data science approach with materials science principles to develop and execute the design of experiments using computational materials software (ICME)
- Use deep hands-on experience with aerospace metals leading engineers to solve all types of welding and brazing process challenges with a strong team and project leadership skills
- Use deep practical experience with welding, brazing, heat treat, non-destructive testing suppliers to readily understand their challenges, articulate robust guidance for solutions, and effectively relay supplier experience to the Honeywell designers for improved manufacturability
- Use role model coaching and mentoring skills to significantly improve the agility and effectiveness of other engineers
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex results to key stakeholders to influence decision making
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Ability to cope with high demand environment where priorities change frequently, and multiple projects are being worked on at the same time
- Evidence of strong refined leadership and mentoring experience in technical metallurgical materials project execution
- Excellent communication at all levels with demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional, technical audiences including Chief engineers and technology Fellows
- Individuals who are self-motivated who consistently take the initiative to get things done and influence others to achieve on-time commitments and on-plan execution
- Significant experience with data science
- Strong competency in simulation computational software
- Ensure your financial well-being
- Help you beyond the office door
- Physical and behavioral well-being
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.