Lead Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Welding Engineer|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
HMH delivers offshore and onshore drilling equipment offering that provides the customers with a broad portfolio of products and services that are designed to be safer and more efficient.
The company is looking for a Lead Welding Engineer who will be stationed at the HTC facility of the HMH Subsea Drilling Systems (SDS) organization.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or Technology from an accredited college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably from the Oil/Gas industry.
However, new college graduates are encouraged to apply and will be considered if fit.
- Collaborate with Design and Service Engineering to execute requisition, NPI, and O&R projects.
- Promote and develop new technologies and processes to improve productivity, reduce CoPQ, and assure industry code compliance.
- Support daily welding/cladding-related manufacturing and supply chain activities such as welding procedure qualification, supplier WPS review, and approval, NCR disposition, etc.
- Attend and support API, AWS, and other industry committees.
- Work with a global Materials and Welding team to develop best practices and internal policies.
- Ability to demonstrate a high-level technical competence and consistency during daily and time-sensitive projects.
- A clear understanding of organizational policies and internal processes
- Disciplined and driven, willing to step out of the comfortable zone by taking various tasks
- Familiar with industry codes such as ASME Section IX, AWS D1.1, API 5L, NACE TM0175, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office and other engineering software.
HMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hmhw.com.