Website Bechtel Corporation
Lead Welding Field Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Welding Field Engineer|
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is looking for a Lead Welding Field Engineer who will be responsible for implementing the site welding program.
The position will report to the Project Field Engineer.
- Applicants should have completed a Degree in Engineering (desired) from a college/university but may be waived if equivalent industry experience can be demonstrated.
- Possess strong experience in liaising with and coordinating contractors
- Strong supervision experience, including the ability to lead and manage change (desirable)
- TEAMWorks and WITS database experience is desirable
- Advice on rectification of quality behaviors and defects prior to final inspection.
- Assist field procurement in inspection and receipt of welding materials.
- Ensure that all supervision and craft personnel involved in welding operations are educated and aware of applicable code and project requirements.
- Establish and manage rod room and rod room attendants to ensure all weld filler materials are controlled and meet Project and Code requirements.
- Help manage pre- and post-weld heat treatment programs whether self-performed by Bechtel or subcontracted.
- Help manage the NDE subcontract, including scheduling and coordination between construction and subcontractor.
- Implement and maintain the Project Field Welding program for all welding operations.
- Implement and maintain the project Positive Material Identification (PMI) program.
- Implement weld inspection tracking system using TEAMWorks/WITS applications.
- Implementation of project quality control program for welding.
- Interface with home office welding engineering.
- Manage issues and maintain welder qualifications and welder stamps.
- Perform field inspections of welding work to ensure workmanship and materials are in conformance with project requirements. Document welding and inspections on an ongoing basis.
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision, and support to assigned field welding engineers across the site.
- Provide specialized welding engineering support to ensure construction meets all code and Bechtel procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to field superintendents and crafts.
- Provide technical expertise for ASME, API, and AWS or other code-designed and fabricated items.
- Responsible for the requisitioning and set up of the welding consumables program.
- Set up, manage, and monitor welding test lab to ensure high-quality welders are being tested and hired.
- Support Advanced Work Packaging with sequenced package reviews to support the construction schedule.
- Verification of materials, workmanship, and specification/code requirements.
- Work with craft supervision to maintain welding documentation and ensure the credibility/accountability of the Welding Program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Displays effective communications skills crucial to motivating team members and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of engineering and construction methods and processes is customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience
- Must be knowledgeable in ASME, AWS, and other applicable industry standards
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Bechtel’s SWPP 4MP-T81-03701 Welding Program, 03702 Welder Training and Instructor Qualification, 03703 Positive Material Identification, and 03705 Welding and NDE Documentation
- Strong background in welding with experience in preheating and post-weld heat treatment is required
- Strong piping experience especially in piping design drawings and specifications is a definite asset
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.