Website Baker Hughes
Lead Welding Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Lead Welding Manufacturing Engineer
|Twinsburg, OH, United States
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is hiring a Lead Welding Manufacturing Engineer who will develop and implement new and improved weld joint designs and welding processes for use in the production of harsh environment sensors used in nuclear reactors, radiation monitoring, oil & gas exploration, and natural gas turbines.
The responsibilities will span from supporting daily production needs to larger projects that make a positive impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in welding engineering, material science, or metallurgy of a related field from an accredited university
- 4 years of minimum experience in manufacturing, process, quality, or technology roles
- Experience with stainless steel, nickel alloys, aluminum, and titanium would be a plus
- Experience with TIG, micro, spot, and laser welding
- Experience working within regulated industries (nuclear, aerospace, medical, ASME, ISO)
- Expertise with ASME Section IX Code brazing and AWS Brazing Handbook
- Expertise with various failure analysis tools and methods (XRF, FTIR, SEM, metallography, leak testing, optical microscopy)
- Proven experience in problem-solving and failure analysis
- Proficiency with Solid Works a plus
- Assessing production trends and yield
- Designing and building/procuring necessary tooling and fixturing
- Leading projects to improve welding process capability
- Leading site failure analysis efforts and mentoring others along the way
- Owning documentation packages that drive effective and efficient manufacturing processes
- Participating in NPI (New Product Introduction) programs consisting of design, development, prototyping, and manufacturing implementation
- Providing welding guidelines to design engineers and performing design verifications
- Supporting new equipment/upgrades from purchase through installation
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with SAP
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong service orientation to the production floor and customers alike
- A safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefit
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Dependent Care
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health Resources
- Tailored financial programs
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.