Website Baker Hughes
Lead Welding Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Welding Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||Deer Park, TX, United States|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is seeking a Lead Welding Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for Engineering associated with the manufacturing process.
Develop an operational year plan for the manufacturing activities.
Suggests improvements in products, processes, and procedures.
- Engineering Degree from a recognized university/college with at least 6 years of experience in welding and metal joining in heavy industry manufacturing, assembly, or testing direct experience.
- CSWIP 3.1 Certified Professional
- ASNT Level II NDE Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Work-related experience (not required, but preferred)
- Conducting research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Developing welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, welding repair of castings, joining of dissimilar metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles.
- Directing and coordinating technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards.
- Establishing welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, and pre-and post-heating requirements which involve the use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post-heating requirements.
- Preparing technical reports as a result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
- Sound knowledge of ASME Sec I, II, III, V, VIII, IX, B31.1, B31.3, AWS, EN, IBR and API
- Sound knowledge of Materials and Metallurgy
- Ability to rapidly understand and learn new technical concepts.
- Capability for problem-solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- Excellent motivation skills, being both self-motivated & self-directed with the ability to deliver outcomes to strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with a demonstrable record of presenting technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Comprehensive private healthcare options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Life Insurance Safety Net and Disability Programs
- Personalized financial program
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.