Website Gilmour Space Technologies
Lead Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Lead Welding Supervisor|
|Location||Helensvale, Queensland, Australia|
|Company||Gilmour Space Technologies|
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The company is seeking a Lead Welding Supervisor who will support the Manufacturing Manager to ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing department.
The position will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
- The applicants should be a Trade Qualified Welding Supervisor
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years of gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), and gas metal arc welding (GMAW) experience in a controlled environment
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining an Australian Government NV Level 1 Security Clearance
- Aluminum gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) and gas metal arc welding (GMAW) experience
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience with Inconel and Aluminium welding and fabrication
- Application of welding codes and standards
- Assist with the tooling and fixturing designs required for weld operation
- Base material and welding material selection
- Control of production weld quality
- Develop and evaluate welding procedures
- Enforce site and personnel safety
- General welding, cutting, and fabrication equipment knowledge, theory, application, maintenance, and testing
- Personnel management and supervision, including mentorship of junior welders
- Responsible for planning and scheduling work, assigning work, and assessing completed work
- Review and edit documentation, including weld procedures and record-keeping
- Ensure employees work in line with company policies and procedures
- Ensure toolbox meetings are conducted in line with Gilmour Space requirements. Minutes of the meeting should be taken with items raised, actioned in a timely manner
- Provide leadership, motivation, and direction in the day to day running of the fabrication team, ensuring it is managed effectively by setting clear targets/KPIs and monitoring these in line with expectations
- To complete Performance Appraisals in line with Gilmour Space policy and procedures
- To ensure that the team receive adequate training and development necessary to meet the needs of the business
- To manage the performance of the team, ensuring that any shortfalls in performance are managed and reported to the Manufacturing Manager
- Ability to interpret drawings and weld symbols
- Capable of cutting, polishing, and etching weld test samples
- Knowledge of welding standards, AWS D17.1, AS 3997
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
- Leadership, motivation, or negotiating skills. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Actively being involved with and promoting a clean and safe working environment
- Assist where required in providing/ensuring induction and refresher training is provided to ensure the ability of staff to discharge allocated Workplace Health and Safety responsibilities including hazards within the workplace, safe operating procedures, use and maintenance of PPE and safety equipment and emergency response procedures
- Disseminate Workplace Health and Safety information to staff relevant to the specific work area
- Ensure that employees have the information, instruction, training, and supervision to work safely
- Ensuring all incidents/accidents are recorded and reported and that feedback on actions taken is communicated to employees in their department.
- Ensuring implementation of corrective action arising from accident/incident or hazard reporting and monitoring to ensure effectiveness.
- Facilitate consultative processes regarding Workplace health and safety issues between management and staff
- Immediately advising the Risk, Health, and Safety Officer of issues relating to WHS in their department and to continually review and make recommendations on ways in which Gilmour Space can improve WHS within their department
- Participating in and monitoring of risk assessments, hazard evaluation, and implementation of hazard control measures within their work area as required
- Supervise the Workplace health and safety aspects of work undertaken by staff within the work area
- Supervisors/Managers are to undertake effective occupational health and safety measures to ensure compliance with WHS legislation.
Gilmour Space Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
To apply for this job please visit external-jobboard.myrecruitmentplus.com.