Locomotive Electrician Job Highlights
|Location||Homewood, IL, United States|
|Company||CN (Canadian National Railway Company)|
CN (Canadian National Railway Company) is a North American transportation and logistics leader focused on supply chain innovation and collaboration. It offers integrated shipping solutions, including rail, intermodal, trucking, freight forwarding, warehousing, and distribution.
The company is searching for a Locomotive Electrician who will perform inspections, major and minor repairs, overhauls, and servicing on all types of locomotives.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Candidates are expected to have work-related work experience.
- Ability to certify company equipment in accordance with state standards.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Valid CDL for the class and type of equipment operated.
- Welding skills.
- Assemble and start engines.
- Inspect, service, and maintain locomotives, in accordance with federal and company regulations, including troubleshooting or repairing, replacing, cleaning, and adjusting parts.
- Operate locomotive on shop tracks.
- Prepare inspection, maintenance, and work reports, and record details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Test locomotives on shop track after repair.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose diesel engine malfunctions and make required repairs.
- Use test equipment, lubrication equipment, and other vehicle repair tools and equipment, and operate said tools and machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work autonomously, adapt to different situations and manage stress.
- Automotive or diesel electrician experience or electrician diploma/apprenticeship
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety, and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate good teamwork skills and maintain positive interactions with others.
- Displays good verbal, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Basic technical knowledge of electrical theory and troubleshooting techniques.
- Displays good hand-eye coordination
- Frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 70 lbs.
- Must meet all medical fitness for duty requirements for the position
- Using measuring devices and understanding visual displays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- The Electrician is a unionized position and is part of the IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers).
- Wages, initiation fees, and monthly dues are required as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.
- Newly hired Electricians take part in several weeks of training which includes classroom instructions and field training.
- The training guides the new Electrician through the critical safety skills required to work on the railroad.
- Once the classroom training is complete, the Electrician will complete on-the-job training to enhance his/her knowledge and skills.
- Successful completion of the training course is mandatory in order to work as an Electrician.
CN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit cn360.csod.com.