Website Stanley Black & Decker
Machine Cell Operator (Band Saw) Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Cell Operator (Band Saw) – All Shifts|
|Location||Shelbyville, KY, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for a Machine Cell Operator to join its team for manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- AA Degree or Equivalent from college or technical school is preferred.
- The candidates should have manufacturing or warehouse work experience.
- Maintain equipment to cut off, weld, grind, anneal, grit blast, inspect and pack Porta Band blades.
- Maintain welder jaws clean and free from flash. Periodically reverse jaws or remove and replace as required. Dress abrasive wheel and remove and replace as necessary. Complete required documentation.
- Notify supervisor, maintenance, or quality immediately when a problem occurs with any part of your job, equipment, or product.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations, and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Perform all required inspections and tests throughout the manufacturing process and prepare blades for packing in shipping containers.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including cross-training in other operations.
- Perform regularly scheduled daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to all machines and equipment. Disassemble, clean, lubricate and repair as required. Post required information to the maintenance log sheet.
- Properly handle all scrap, rework, and mixed products as well as conform to ISO 9001.
- Set up and adjust the automatic cut-off machine with a coil of band saw the material. Set stops for required length and counter for the required quantity. Start automatic cycle and check for proper length.
- Transfer blades to resistance butt welder, make necessary adjustments to the welding machine, check time and temperature controls.
- Using a grinding wheel and/or belt grinder, remove weld flash from both sides and back of the blade.
- Ability to read and write English; understand and comprehend instructions for safety and quality
- Ability to use and operate basic tools, equipment, and gages
- Basic mechanical ability; machine changes and operation experience
- Knowledge of SPC and basic computer skills such as machine controls & monitoring, and data entry
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- Proficient in reading and interpreting prints
- Solid shop math skills and ability to work with decimals
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.