Website Relativity Space
Machine Maintenance Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Maintenance Supervisor|
|Location||Long Beach, CA, United States|
Relativity Space is building humanity’s multi-planetary future by using software-defined manufacturing, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and autonomous robotics. The company’s long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The company is looking for a Machine Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for developing and deploying both planned and unplanned maintenance strategies for our machine shop and powder-based additive departments.
Perform basic and complex maintenance tasks on a quickly growing list of equipment such as machining centers, 3D printers (including the world’s largest, 6-axis metal 3D printer), ovens, furnaces, dispensing, and welding hardware.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience of machine maintenance experience
- Coordinate with external suppliers, OEMs, and contractors to facilitate on-time completion of work
- Develop LOTO procedures with EH&S
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery.
- Identify and deploy improvement projects that increase safety, improve productivity and increase the quality
- Implement and maintain PM programs for equipment across multiple departments
- Lead a growing team of maintenance technicians
- Support machine shop and powder bed fusion additive departments in machine maintenance and planning
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and controls systems such as servomotors, HMIs, and PLCs
- Troubleshoot and repair numerous pneumatic and hydraulic components such as valves, pumps, and filters
- Work with facilities team to lead retrofitting projects
Desired but Not Required
- 3+ years of experience operating CNC machining centers
- 3+ years of experience operating powder bed fusion printing systems
- Experience in the precision calibration of CNC operated equipment
- Preferred experience with Haas and Celios diagnostic control
- Supervisory or lead experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and train a team of technicians
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools
- Read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical documents and manuals
- Strong communication skills in multidisciplinary conversations
- The company offers a competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning, and Development stipend, and more.
Relativity Space is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.