Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Eden, NC, United States|
Weil-McLain is a leading designer and manufacturer of hydronic comfort heating systems for residential, commercial, and institutional buildings.
The company is looking for a Machine Operator who will operate machines to punch, blank, or bend metal into shapes.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Possess machine operating experience
- MIG and TIG welding experience is a plus
- Able to spot/resistance weld
- Assure proper material types are loaded into equipment.
- Change tooling as needed
- Clean equipment, tools, and gauges to ensure they are safe and orderly at all times
- Identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, effectively involve the Operator, and leads to draw valid conclusions
- Interpret Blueprint and set up equipment so that quality components to specification are produced with minimal input from others.
- Perform First Piece inspection as needed.
- Perform functions necessary as prescribed by Work Order and Blueprint.
- Spot Welding as needed.
- Work on other Fabrication and paint equipment as needed.
- Ability to perform moderate PM procedures
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Able to understand production planning requirements
- Blueprint reading and mechanical abilities
- Must be able to read calipers and other metrology equipment
- Must be able to set up, operate and adjust machines as required
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Strong computer knowledge and skills
- Strong math skills (decimals, fractions, use of calculator)
- The company offers a benefits package and the programs are performance-based to recognize and reward employees who work hard, display the values and leadership practices we embrace and deliver exceptional results.
Weil-McLain is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.spx.com.