Website Contech Engineered Solutions
Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Topeka, KS, United States|
|Company||Contech Engineered Solutions|
Contech Engineered Solutions provides cost-effective site solutions to contractors, engineers, and developers on projects. The portfolio consists of bridges, erosion control, drainage, sanitary sewer, retaining walls, and stormwater management products.
The company is hiring a Machine Operator who will plan, lay out, assemble and weld culvert pipe fittings, accessories, and special products.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Certification in forklift operation (preferred)
- Possess metal shop experience, mechanical experience, or machining experience (a plus)
- Must complete and pass the Hel-cor Mill Certification within 1 Year
- Butt welds and grinds strip ends manually.
- Checks and maintains mill mechanical operation to Original Equipment Specification on all mill equipment components, to comply with corporate CPS-TPM initiatives.
- Lubricates the machine periodically per CPS-TPM policy and guidelines.
- Observes threading of strip through mill processes and progressively adjusts tooling and associated mechanicals as required with minimal scrap/waste.
- Operates mill components using manual and automatic controls on the control panel.
- Operates overhead cranes, coil handlers, or forklifts to move coil from storage area to machine.
- Performs and records all QA check measurements required by the Quality Manual on the product being produced.
- Performs equipment/tooling setup and changeover required on mill equipment that includes diameters, gages, pipe lengths, and corrugations.
- Performs routine mechanical maintenance and repairs to all mill process equipment.
- Produce quality products to meet output cost standards. If output cost standards are not achieved, provide the root causes of mill process inefficiency to the plant manager for corrective action.
- Receives instructions and assignments from plant supervision as required.
- Records production and keeps work area clean.
- Threads the incoming coils through mill processes.
- Uses a cutting torch or plasma to remove the strip and start-up pipe from the mill and forming head.
- Performs other related work as directed by plant supervision.
- The company offers competitive pay, benefits, and PTO during the first year of employment.
Contech Engineered Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identification, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conteches.com.