Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Lansing, MI, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Machine Operator to join its manufacturing team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 1 year of manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Assist machine operators to set up machines; and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Measure workpiece dimensions to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Perform minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Position the workpiece against stops or align layout marks with the die or blades.
- Push the button or depress the pedal to activate the machine.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from the workpiece.
- Set stops or guides to specified lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Spot weld work
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed
- Mathematical skills basic math skills are necessary
- Reasoning ability must be able to work well in a team environment
- 401(k)/401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.