Website Martin Sprocket & Gear
Machine Operator (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Operator – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Montpelier, OH, United States|
|Company||Martin Sprocket & Gear|
Martin Sprocket & Gear is a leading manufacturer of power transmission components, material handling products, industrial hand tools, and heavy-duty conveyor pulleys. The company is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business.
The company is seeking a Machine Operator who will be involved in the machining or processing of metal or plastic parts by operating industrial machine tools, equipment, or systems in one or more departments including Heat treatment, CNC Shop, Finishing Department, and Gear Cutting Department.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have prior experience in a fast-paced industrial setting.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Install align and lock dies, punches, blades, or other machine fixtures to assure safe operation of the machine.
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Setup, operate, and tend machines used to process components.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, or other written/verbal instructions given by the supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Background in a manufacturing environment
- Physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Consistently stand for the entire shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work with others and be a team player
- Ability to read a tape measure down to 1/16th
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Competitive Pay
- Growth Opportunities
- Life and Disability Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time off)
- Shift differentials – 2nd Shift/3rd Shift
Martin Sprocket & Gear is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.