Website Altra Industrial Motion
Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Location||New Hartford, CT, United States|
|Company||Altra Industrial Motion|
Altra is a premier global designer and manufacturer of a wide range of motion control and power transmission solutions. With engineered components, systems, and software that provide the essential control of equipment speed, torque, and positioning, Altra products can be used in nearly any machine, process, or application involving motion.
The company is looking for a Machine Operator who will operate and adjust various pieces of equipment to perform any combination of machinery operations.
Operators in this classification are required to read part prints, specifications, and sketches. They are also required to read operation sheets and method sheets.
Operators are responsible for operating manual equipment such as drill press, auto tapper, rotary deburring, chamfering, etc., as well as other equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Education or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 year of CNC machining experience or successful completion of our Machine Operator Training Program.
- Adheres to all safety rules and report questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Apply, follow, and recommend Lean practices.
- Inspect workpieces for defects, measure, and examine workpieces to determine the accuracy of machine operation using measurement gages such as vernier, micrometer, calipers, pins, and other measuring instruments.
- Maintain and complete production records and work orders.
- Maintain coolant, oil, and grease levels/concentrations on machinery used as well as maintain the cleanliness of the machines and area.
- Operate and make necessary adjustments to Computer Numerical Controlled machines, such as lathes, millers, grinders, balancers, riverters, lappers, broachers, saws, welders, press assemblers, shapers, honers, and painting devices, to make clutch and brake components.
- Perform production operations when not involved in other responsibilities.
- Read blueprints or work orders to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences.
- Perform assembly as required.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Operation/Control: controlling the operation of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis: learning and using computer-based quality control and production systems to evaluate the performance or quality of the product.
- Understanding Machines Practices/Monitor Operations: watching gauges or other indicators to make sure the machine is working properly.
- Must be able to perform machine shop mathematics and machining procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an industrial environment including moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud during some periods.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, twist, squat, overhead reach, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting requirements include but are not limited to the following-
-Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
-Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
-Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
Altra Industrial Motion Corporation and its subsidiaries or affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers that evaluate all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit altraindustrialmotion.jobs.net.