Website Louis Industries
Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Paynesville, MN, United States
Louis Industries is a sheet metal fabricator and steel distributor using state-of-the-art technology to manufacture quality parts.
The company is looking for a Machine Operator who will be responsible for setup, operation and light maintenance of production equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (minimum)
- Post–Secondary (desirable)
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing (preferred)
- Follow all standard safety regulations
- Handle assorted steel raw material and steel scrap
- Maintain work area and production equipment in clean and orderly condition. Follows all prescribed and standard safety regulations
- Manage time effectively to operate several machines during the shift
- Operate small electric/air hand tools
- Package parts using banding or shrink wrap, as needed
- Participates in and supports continuous process improvement
- Perform light maintenance on plant equipment where needed; i.e., startup/shutdown, lockout/tagout procedures, maintaining inspection records, and keeping the work environment clean
- Perform work in a manner that all products conform to prescribed quality standards
- Responsible to produce quality parts that conform to prescribed quality standards and print specifications
- Safely operate a forklift to load and unload raw material and completed parts
- Safely operate an overhead crane and jib crane to move material
- Separate/pick parts from skeletons that are cut on the laser and stack them onto pallets/containers
- Set up and operate some or all of the following production equipment: Press Brake, Shear, Ironworker, Saw, Spot Welder, and Tumbler (list is not all-inclusive)
- Use and understand the ERP system for clocking in, logging jobs, claiming parts
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with personnel
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and inspection requirements
- Ability to safely and effectively operate equipment and hand tools
- Ability to use and operate measuring equipment including the linear measuring table
- Certified crane operator, preferred
- Certified forklift operator, preferred
- Knowledge of inventory control and manufacturing processes
- Proficient with mathematical equations
- Frequent lifting of 50 lbs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and standing for 9 hours per day.
- Must have communicable range of hearing and sight with or without the use of aids.
- Requires exposure to a typical manufacturing area where environment is affected by outside temperatures and machining.
- 401k match
- Annual and quarterly bonus
- Boot allowance
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent daycare flex spending
- Employee referral bonus
- Health insurance
- HSA match
- Life insurance
- Paid uniforms
- Prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Short term disability
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Vision insurance
- Weld helmet allowance
Louis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.louisind.com.