Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd Shift)|
|Location||Ligonier, IN, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Machine Operator who will load, unload or operate automatic MIG welding stations or other production-related equipment at a standardized production rate and maintain operation functions.
Support production operations by contributing to process improvement and efficiency plans. Perform other essential duties as assigned
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates having related work experience will be a plus.
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- Monitor the output of quality assemblies through inspection, scrap records, statistical process controls, and station control sheets.
- Observe machine operations to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Participate in job rotation through each cell which addresses cross-training and ergonomic issues.
- Perform 5S activities.
- Position workpiece against stops or align layout marks with die or blades.
- Prep and inspect parts for production.
- Produce assemblies as directed by work instructions to attain the required production levels and quality.
- Push-button or depress the pedal to activate the machine.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from a workpiece
- Run first-time production parts as directed and perform Poka Yokes.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the company
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must have the ability to write basic correspondence.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Core competencies include Quality Focus, Communications, Personal Development, and Technical/functions expertise.
- Must demonstrate competence on a continuous basis through testing, training, and communication.
- Must have the ability to learn concepts, programs, and business acumen of the automotive industry.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Regularly required to stand for 6-8 hours during a normal shift.
- Frequently is required to walk 10-15 feet, multiple times per normal shift.
- Required to stoop and bend, use hands to handle, touch or feel, reach with hands and arms, twist, sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently lift, rotate, clamp or move up to 35 pounds multiple times per day within the normal shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color-coding distinction, close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- Employees are exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles and operate in extreme heat or cool climate conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however certain procedures create an extremely loud effect lasting 1.5 minutes at least 18 repetitions per shift.
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to assist in promoting a safe work environment.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.